Role: Product and Learning Design Lead Organisation: Tilli
Product: B2B and B2C Duration: Dec-March 2022
product design • social-emotional learning • game design • learning experience design
Tilli is a play-based, AI powered social-emotional learning tool for 5–10-year-olds, to build empathy, critical thinking, and metacognition. The UNICEF-funded startup is located in San Francisco, USA.
As a part of the product team, I achieved the following:
- Created 3 digital interactive learning modules of ~5 hrs to inculcate social-emotional learning & critical thinking in a hybrid context within classrooms
- Gamified aspects of each learning module using stories and activities
- Delivered 2 workshops to launch Tilli in Sri Lanka with over 550+ learners and educators
- Ideated and collaborated w
ith the development team to inform MVP (Minimal Viable Product) of an SEL game for early learners
- Co-designed and developed learning kits and physical games comprising of card decks and worksheets for 5-10 year olds.
The products constituted of different components of play:
(i) Physical Play: Play-based learning through board games, card decks and fun printables on SEL.
(ii) Digital Game-Based Learning in the Classroom: Created interactive learning modules that are to be facilitated by a teacher in the classroom.
(iii) 1:1 Game Experience Design: Crafted the initial idea of a narrative for a mobile-based game that combines the learning goals with interactive storytelling and game mechanics.